Although Prismo won’t substitute a dense doppio extracted on a professional espresso machine, the results are geat! The price - ease of use - result ratio is unbeatable!
A coffee made with Prismo is characterized by a dense, big body and significant intensity. It resembles brews infused with a mokka pot or a home espresso machine. Diluted with a little amount of water becomes a tasty Americano!
How it's built.
The device consists of a threaded plastic element and a metal filter with 70-micron-diameter holes. There is also a small valve mounted inside the spout to prevent leaks before pressing.
How to brew?
1. Preheat the Aeropress with the Prismo attached to it.
2. Grind 20 grams of coffee like for espresso (finely).
3. Discard the water, pour in the coffee, followed by 50 - 60 ml of hot water (96 degrees Celsius).
4. Stir vigorously for 10 seconds.
5. After one minute put the plunger on a durable cup and plunge!
*Fellow Prismo is not compatible with AeroPress Go.